Head of People (Maternity Cover, 9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
At Titanbay, we believe in the power of private market returns. Our investment platform enables institutional and private investors to invest in top-tier private equity, venture capital and real estate funds with low minimums and low fees. With our portfolio construction tools, investors can build sophisticated private equity allocations with unparalleled insight. Titanbay is run and supported by private equity professionals and industry veterans from leading companies including Oaktree, EQT, Hg, Bain, Capital Group, Blackstone and J.P. Morgan.
Titanbay has had a phenomenal first couple of years, bringing a selection of some of the world’s top Private Equity managers and strategies onto our platform.
We’re seeking to appoint a People Manager as part of a 9 Month Maternity Cover position. As Head of People you will lead an existing team and continue working towards our goal of best practice, embedding positive values and behaviours across the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review, develop and own our HR processes and procedures including performance and employee relations issues.
- Support the development and Growth of the People team
- Own the entire employee lifecycle from onboarding to exit
- Implement an effective performance appraisal system that aligns with business’ objectives and key results and encourages employees to develop and grow their careers
- Maximise employee engagement by developing and implementing new initiatives, encouraging 360 feedback and creating an effective quarterly employee engagement survey and developing solutions to any issues that arise
- Develop effective cross functional communications which allow ideas and suggestions to be shared
- Build and promote our D&I initiatives alongside our Talent Team.
- Continually strive to build a culture focused on well-being and drive and implement initiatives which support our core values.
- Develop and deliver 1:1 sessions for managers on a variety of subjects to upskill line managers.
- 5 years experience as a people leader within a fast growing start-up and/or scale up environment
- A strong understanding of team cultures and needs with the ability to identify areas of improvement
- Experience creating and implementing robust HR processes and procedures
- Knowledge of effectively driving D&I initiatives
- Strong relationship-building skills with employees of all levels as well as senior leadership teams
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team while also driving own performance
- Prior involvement in organisational design and strategy with the ability to manage shifting priorities and work on multiple initiatives in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills – able to balance complex situations and deliver solutions. Able to blend both established processes/procedures and creative solutions
- High level organisational skills – able to juggle numerous workstreams and deliver to deadlines
- Ethical - building trust and commitment and avoiding discrimination
- 28 days holiday p/a + Bank holidays - with the option to roll up to 3 days p/a
- Remote first company with access to London offices
- Annual Company offsite
- Private Health insurance for you and your family
- Private Dental cover for you and your family
- Company pension
- Life Insurance, 3x salary and EAP scheme
- On-demand digital support for new or expectant parents via Dearbump
- WeVee Electric Car Scheme
Titanbay does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.