Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide; processing over $3 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
A majority of Ecommerce traffic is on a mobile device now; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Accounting to lead the accounting function at Tapcart! You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day accounting operations, financial reporting, and compliance activities. Your expertise will contribute to the overall financial health and success of the company.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead accounting function for Tapcart
- Responsible for the monthly close cycle, including preparation or validation of all journal entries, preparation of accurate financial statements and analysis of balance sheet
- Direct all A/R, purchasing and A/P activities, build strong vendor relationships, remit timely payments while being cognizant of approved budgets and operating cash flows, and actively pursue cost reduction strategies
- Oversee deployment of invoicing, subscription management and revenue recognition internal tool
- Lead, coach, mentor and build the accounting team; take an active interest in their career and development and find ways to continue their growth and development
- Establish and implement internal controls to reasonably safeguard Company assets and capital
- Drive process improvements by leveraging technology and challenging current processes
- Advise on technical accounting guidance for Software Capitalization (ASC 350) and Revenue Recognition (ASC 606)
- Engage and build relationships with cross departmental leadership to help drive efficiencies.
- Liaise with external tax firm for the preparation, review and accounting of tax accruals, provisions and adjustments as well as ensure timely filing of corporate tax returns
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with an active CPA license in good standing is a MUST
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience leading accounting operations, monthly accounting close, and preparation of financial reports
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting is critical
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including non-finance managers
- Successful software industry experience with emphasis on rapid-growth, VC/PE-backed SaaS enterprises preferred
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Medical eligible first of the month
· Dental and Vision eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· Frequent Happy Hours, Company-Wide Offsite Events
· A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative, engaged, and connected.
· We pride ourselves on a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page