Wolfe is growing, and we are seeking a skilled Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to help us scale and change the rewards and gift card industry.
Wolfe, LLC, is an eCommerce company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, focused on next-generation gifting business models.
We are well known for being the company that started the first coupon website in 1995 which sold to a public company in 2000, at the peak of the dot-com era, when we were delivering 20 million page views per month.
We then built Direct Response Technologies; grew it to 70 employees; and sold it to Digital River in 2006. We spun off Jambo Media with our tech team and sold it to Undertone in 2012.
We built and focused on GiftCards.com and in 2016 sold it to Blackhawk Network with over 100 employees.
Today, our current focus is PerfectGift, Gift Card Granny, and GiftYa, merchant solutions and enterprise software applications. We have grown from 25 employees/contractors in 2019 to over 160 in 2023.
We were recently recognized by Inc. magazine in its Inc.5000 annual list of fastest-growing private companies, earning the 382nd position in America, the tenth fastest-growing company in Pennsylvania, and the third-fastest in Pittsburgh.
Our organization is committed to a positive work environment, and we prioritize our culture to continue to facilitate our high performance as a cohesive culturally enlightened team.
Company and Executive Team Recognitions
- 2023 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies (ranked no. 382)
- 2022 First place - Fast 50 Growing Companies Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2020 Best Places to Work by the Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2019 Carnegie Science Award Recipient, Entrepreneur Category
- 2017 Outstanding Entrepreneur Award Winner by the Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
- 2015 Business Times Diamond Award Winner
- 2015 Business Ethics Award Winner
- 2015 Create Award Winner
- 2015 CEO of the Year Winner Pittsburgh Technology Council
- 2014 Entreprenuer.com Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
- 2013 Governors Impact Award Winner
- 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner
- 2011 CFO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 CIO of the Year Finalist
Our Manager, Financial Planning and analysis, primary responsibility is to work closely with a variety of functional leaders and department heads throughout the Company to analyze past financial performance to predict future performance and advise the company on its financial strategy and advise on areas of improvement. The role will help manage the overall financial planning cycle, including operating and capital budgets, projections, plan to actual variance analysis, internal rate of return and discounted cash flow analysis, and business unit financial analysis. The role will also support operations by providing and analyzing financial, statistical, and demographic data to improve decision-making. This position will support business units in a matrix organization and report directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Perform detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing complex modeling scenarios/activities
- Build and maintain planning and forecasting models; work in collaboration with business unit leaders to provide insightful analysis
- Enhance monthly performance review reporting provided to the senior management team, identifying
- Conduct independent research and complex analytical projects involving modeling/forecasting to provide senior management with definitive financial trend data and advice for their use in setting and realizing profit objectives
- Assemble, compile, analyze information, and resolve errors/inconsistencies in data from financial reporting systems
- Formulate new analytical reports to improve information resources available to senior management
- Determine the best methodology to apply technology using the overall objective of more efficient and effective analyses
- Initiate improvements to reporting and forecasting capabilities in order to generate meaningful financial data to better serve the senior management team and facilitate decision-making
- Provide leadership to senior management on the establishment of profitability tools and metrics for business units
- Develop strong partnerships with business unit leaders to gain an understanding of underlying business drivers and issues that may affect financial performance
- Make recommendations within the context of job responsibilities; offer guidance on matters of significance
- Design and lead projects significant in scope and visibility
- Perform other assignments as requested by management
- The position requires regular contact with both internal and external personnel to include outside agencies/firms
- Ad hoc analysis provides financial analysis and recommendations for business initiatives
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong leadership and management skills, as well as a solid understanding of financial planning & analysis functions and how they support the organization. You should be able to develop and implement effective processes and procedures and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization. Additionally, you should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to effectively manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Finance, or Accounting is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a senior financial management professional
- Strong technical aptitude and advanced financial modeling skills
- High level of competencies and understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, general finance and budgeting
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and prioritize workflow as necessary
- Deadline-oriented and results-driven
- Experience working in larger, complex, and diversified organizations is a plus.
- E-commerce, fintech, and/or other tech industry experience a plus.
- Comfort with technology and software solutions to manage large volumes of data and communication methods.
- Must possess qualities supporting the company values of drive, teamwork, caring, and integrity.
- The ideal candidate will have an MBA or advanced degree; and knowledge of the financial services industry
Compensation & Benefits
Wolfe is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. Wolfe offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): This is an ownership and profit-sharing program. Our employees have earned over $18m through this program since 2000.
- Medical, Prescription, Vision, and Dental insurance for employees and dependents
- 15 days of PTO (vacation). 20 days after the 2-year anniversary. 25 days after the 5-year anniversary.
- 12 Paid Holidays plus 2 Floating Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly
- Employee Referral Bonus: Refer Friends, and if we hire them, you get awarded
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
- Internal Culture Club
- Competitive Compensation (Top quartile pay): The Top 75 percentile total pay range versus other local employers
Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.