What does the Finance department look like?
We’re a close-knit team of scrappy, driven folks that are committed to making sure Bench has what it needs to succeed. From accounting, treasury and legal, to strategy, financial planning and analysis, we have a broad portfolio that lets us engage with every part of the business. We enjoy solving problems together through open communication and collaboration while respecting each other’s ideas.
You will be responsible for scaling up our accounting function to meet the needs of our growing company. The challenges of growth at scale are exciting, and you’ll be at the forefront of our plans to solve them.
What you’ll get up to:
- Provide leadership and direction for the corporate accounting organization
- Executive oversight of the day-to-day accounting operations (monthly close, account reconciliations), GL, AP, AR, equity, commissions, payroll, etc
- Supervise inter-company billing and consolidations of multiple entities
- Direct ownership – as a subject-matter expert – of developing, maintaining and ensuring consistent adherence to accounting policies
- Oversee all audit and tax related activity (financial statements, federal, state, tax & other)
- Provide operating data and maintain covenant compliance for lenders and financing partners
- Help scale accounting operations
- Drive accounting-wide efficiencies and value-added improvements
- Support executive initiatives
- Help grow, develop, and empower a world-class team
What you'll need:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, including 2+ years in a managerial role
- Experience managing a team of accounting professionals
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP (ASC 606 experience preferred)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external working relationships
- Experience working at a multinational company
- Strong analytical, decision-making, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- ERP experience preferred (i.e. NetSuite, Intacct, SAP, etc.)
- Public practice experience at a top 10 national firm or publicly-traded tech/SaaS company preferred.
- You actively engage in leadership of teams and of strategic-level work with an equity lens and an eye for inclusivity. You don’t just accept equitable practices, you model and advocate for them on your teams and in your work.
What you'll get:
- This is a full-time, 12-18 month contract position.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The on target earnings for this role is $166,475 - $185,405 per year, depending on experience, with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.