About the role
Housing is hard. One size rarely fits all, and it's a hell of a process. As the largest flexible housing company globally, Habyt’s mission is to provide access to housing anywhere, for everyone. Our drive is to create solutions with a digital-first approach, making every move easy, and every house a home. If you are passionate about real estate and would like to join a dynamic, talented, and diverse team of professionals from all around the world — you are in the right place!
We are on a steep growth curve and are looking for a skilled and hands-on Accountant to further support our Finance team's high ambitions. This is a key Finance position reporting to the Senior Accounting and Tax Manager where the candidate will support group functions across Accounting, Tax, Reporting, IFRS implementation, Systems Implementation, and Process Improvements.
We are a remote-first company and have offices in Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Germany. If interested, please send us your most updated CV in English.
- Perform day-to-day accounting activities, ensuring compliance with accounting principles
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reports in accordance with accounting principles
- Support with accounts payable and receivable
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing processes, contributing to accurate and timely financial reporting
- Coordinate with external auditors and tax advisors during audits and tax filings, providing necessary documentation and support
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system
- Support the implementation and transition to IFRS
- Support the development and implementation of accounting and tax policies, procedures, and internal controls, aligned with accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and compliance with German tax regulations
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely tax returns, ensuring adherence to local tax laws and regulations in Germany, and its subsidiaries
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, both internal and external, in both English and German when needed
- +2 years of experience in accounting at a high growth startup or tech company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA or relevant certification preferred
- Knowledge, exposure and understanding of German GAAP and tax regulations, as well as IFRS
- Proven experience in accounting and tax management, preferably in a startup or German-based organisation
- Proficiency in English and German, both written and spoken, to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and tax compliance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while maintaining high productivity and meeting deadlines
- Experience as a user with accounting software and MS Office applications
What We Offer
- Welcome Package: Get equipped from Day 1 with Habyt's Swagg and premium tech gear.
- Team Events: Have a blast at our regular Company & Team Events.
- Remote First: Work remotely 100% of the time or enjoy our flexible co-working passes.
- Habyt Fellowship Program: Stay at one of our Habyt Homes and get to know the teams in other countries.
- Learning & Development: Receive access to our partner learning platform to further develop your know-how and learn new valuable skills.
- Mental Health: Your well-being matters to us. Gain access to the Calm App to enhance your overall mental wellness.
- Employee Discount: Get a discount for staying in one of our Habyt Properties.
- Have an impact: Join a fast-growing company and be part of a diverse, international, and talented team. Together we are revolutionizing the housing market!