About the job:
The Systems Specialist will report into the Director of Portfolio & Program Management and is responsible for the upkeep of business critical systems that underpin Blue Bottle Coffee’s operations. The Systems Specialist will partner with teams and individuals all across Blue Bottle Coffee to collaborate and ensure all relevant systems are properly updated ahead of new item launches, price changes and support other data-integrity needs of the business.
The Systems Specialist is critical in ensuring our cafes can operate smoothly and we can consistently meet the needs of our cafe and eCommerce guests. Blue Bottle Coffee operates with a Kaizen (continuous improvement) mindset and this role will own gathering feedback from all parts of the business to improve our processes for flawlessly maintaining our critical business systems.
- Ensure our product offerings are displayed properly across all of our business channels and are launched at the appropriate time to meet our Go-To-Market objectives
- Ensure pricing is properly reflected across all of our platforms (Square, Mobile App, 3rd Party Delivery Partners, and eCommerce)
- Manage our delivery partner integration & partner with the vendor as required to ensure the needs of Blue Bottle are being met
- Update and manage our nutritional database for our products (example: cafe beverages, culinary offerings)
- Manage digital signage in cafes (e.g. Square screens visible to guests)Support the data setup needs of new cafe openings
- Identify risks and opportunities in Blue Bottle master data and processes and bring solutions to the Director of Portfolio & Program Management
- Establish processes for individuals and teams within the business to submit data change requests
- Be responsive to addressing & resolving urgent data issues
- Serve as the point of contact for all things related to our physical location permits & licenses
- Collaborate with Development & Finance team during new cafe openings to apply for new permits
- Process renewals for all permits & licenses in the company, coordinating with Finance & Office Coordinator as needed
- Manage & facilitate the process for ensuring system access is properly assigned across the organization
- Monitor platforms to resolve routine issues and escalate high impact issues.
- Incredibly detail-oriented and organized, and create order in all you touch
- Able to work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Curious beyond simply completing tasks, and passionate about solving problems and growing your knowledge.
- Able to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions, even when starting from scratch
- Motivated by building things that are innovative, useful and/or meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Resilient and able to navigate through roadblocks or challenges that arise.
- Motivated to bring a hospitality mindset to our team members in all facets of your role.
- Excited to work in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Experience working within apps and web-based platforms
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Google Suite (e.g., Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you’re able to effectively communicate what we are doing and why we are doing it in layman’s terms
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to exercise excellent judgment and discretion
The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time; occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role
A few benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- This position has a minimum salary of $65,250. This salary is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption for medical, disability, or religious reasons.