In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining cloud infrastructure to run reliable, secure, and scalable Ockam's managed cloud services.
Ockam provides a collection of cloud services that enable end-to-end application layer trust in data. We believe that, in order to have a realistically manageable vulnerability surface, all modern applications need end-to-end guarantees of data integrity and authenticity. The only way to build secure and private applications is to remove unnecessary implicit trust in network boundaries, intermediaries and infrastructure.
This role will require solving challenging problems in areas like infrastructure automation, continuous deployment, secrets management, observability, fault tolerance, security monitoring, incidence response and more. You will be part of a team of senior engineers who have deep expertise across distributed systems, messaging systems, networking, security, cloud applications etc.
Your focus will be on developing tools and processes to measure and drive key Service Level Objectives. An ideal person for this role is someone who has past experience working in a team responsible for operating open source products as-a-service on public cloud infrastructure (ex. MongoDB Atlas, Confluent Cloud, etc).
This role involves architecture, tool design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- Automating infrastructure with Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform, Vault etc.
- Driving internal and external Service Level Objectives
- Provisioning and operating Open Source Software SaaS products in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Launching and managing products in AWS / Azure / Google marketplace
- Access Management and Security Monitoring tools in AWS
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Collaborating in a remote-first, high-performance team
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- At least 10 years of engineering experience
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- The basics of cryptography, PKI, key management
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.