Are You the Right Fit
Visual Lease is an industry-leading, comprehensive lease accounting solution that helps customers maintain their lease portfolios and achieve compliance with lease accounting standards. Our talented engineering team delivers new features and applications on top of our SaaS platform on an iterative basis. Our Cloud Operations team supports all infrastructure and application hosting aspects in our Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment: provisioning, configuration management, data migration, infrastructure automation, networking, security, monitoring, and incident response.
Visual Lease is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer to join our growing Cloud operations team. Reporting to the Managers of Cloud DevOps, you’ll support our global client base by ensuring reliable day-to-day operations and performance of our application infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have System, Web Administration, Database Administration, and/or Cloud operations experience, and a demonstrated passion for continuous learning. Must also have experience creating and following rigorous operational procedures. Finally, culture fit is extremely important at Visual Lease, and the ideal candidate will be methodical, creative, and possess a can-do attitude. Must be able to build a strong rapport across departments and support business goals with a customer-first mindset.
What You Will Do
- Design and build scalable, available, performant, and cost-effective systems and infrastructure on the AWS platform
- Utilize AWS capabilities to complete operational tasks, such as VPC, IAM, Security Groups, ECS, RDS, S3, ALB, CloudWatch, WAF, Lambda and Systems Manager
- Develop and utilize PowerShell and Python scripts to automate operational processes, Terraform to provision immutable infrastructure, and Ansible to manage system configuration
- Document operational procedures to manage our Cloud infrastructure, including server provisioning, backup & recovery, performance management, and capacity planning
- Foster a DevOps culture of shared responsibility, quality, and partnership
- Analyze and enhance Continuous Integration / Continuous Development / Continuous Testing infrastructure, tools, and scripting engineering teams to focus on building features quickly using automated processes
- Conduct research and proof-of-concept to evaluate new technologies to improve operational effectiveness
- Use a variety of Security tools to find and remediate infrastructure and 3rd party vulnerabilities, and support patching and security hardening tasks.
- Receive and complete services tickets to add services, configure environments, and configure data in Production, non-Prod, or internal engineering environments – within SLA-defined timeframes
- Support Production incident response both during business hours and out of hours as part of the on-call rotation
- Schedule systems changes outside of business hours may also be required at times.
- Be a Cloud evangelist and influencer to the larger operations and engineering team, helping to research, guide, and team teams on how to build applications that use native cloud services.
Skills and Competencies
- 6+ years of Systems Engineer or Systems Admin work experience.
- 6+ years of direct experience supporting public cloud infrastructure operations (prefer AWS).
- 4+ years of DevOps experience preferred in a Cloud/SaaS environment configuring CICD pipelines
- One or more AWS Certifications
- Experience using AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, Glue, Redis, and other native services
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) & Configuration as Code (CaC) tools and best practices
Most Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Scripting: Powershell, Python, SQL, JSON, or YAML
- Monitoring: AWS Config, AWS Cloud Watch, AWS Cloud Trail, Redgate, DataDog
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Postgres, Amazon Aurora, RDS
- Amazon Web Services such as VPC, ECS, Fargate, RDS, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Front
- Jira,Datadog, Pagerduty, Grafanna
- Code/Build: Git/GitHub, Azure/VSTS, Jenkins
- Monitoring: AWS Config, AWS Cloud Watch, New Relic
- OS: Windows, Linux, Docker, Fargate
- Automation & Orchestration: Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Trunk-based or other branching models
- Microservices architecture, Serverless, Containerization, RESTAPIs
- SDLC: Experience with Scrum, Feature Flagging and trunk-based-development
- Excellent communication skills, process-minded with strong follow-thru and accountability.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to re-prioritize work due to changing business requirements
- DevOps experience in a Cloud/SaaS environment, Git version control, and configuring CICD pipeline
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent combination of training, certifications, and experience
- Our headquarters are in Woodbridge, NJ, but we are happy to consider remote candidates in the following states: AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TX, and WA.
- The pay range for this position is $102,600– $126,300/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Band Transparency Act. Applicants should apply via www.visuallease.com/careers page.
At Visual Lease, You'll Enjoy
- 100% Remote-Work Environment: We will provide you with a laptop, hardware and access to necessary resources to perform job duties.
- Health and Wellness: Choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on one of the largest physician networks available, along with 401(k) with Employer Match, Parental Leave Policy, Adoption Assistance and Company-paid Life Insurance/Long term disability.
- PTO and Charitable Time: We have competitive PTO, 12 company paid holidays, Volunteer Time Off and your Birthday Day off! We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
- Training and Education: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Women in Tech, Diversity, and Parents & Caregivers), Mentorship Programs, Tuition Reimbursement and Continuing Education Assistance.
- Additional Perks: $100 Monthly Work from Home Reimbursement, Identity Theft Protection, Calm Mental Fitness Membership, Employee Discount Program via ADP and more!
Why Work At Visual Lease?
Visual Lease is an established SaaS business with the heart of a startup. Our rapidly growing community of diverse and passionate people love to learn, innovate, achieve excellence and reach new heights – together. If you want to make an impact and develop a career with ample opportunities for mobility and growth, we’d love for you to join us.
Loved by more than 1000 major brands worldwide, our lease accounting and lease administration software helps companies manage, analyze and report on their leased asset portfolios, and embeds decades of lease management and financial accounting expertise. Over the last two years, our employee base has seen significant growth. Voted one of NJ’s Best Places to Work, we are looking for passionate team-players to help us continue this journey and bring us to the next level.
Visual Lease is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Visual Lease is a background screening, drug-free workplace. Full-time positions offer a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.