is the world's first open search engine platform that summarizes the web for users, with no ads, superior privacy choices, and personalization through preferred sources.
is more than just a new search engine — it's a movement to make the internet a place of trust, facts, and kindness — our guiding principles that we're committing to from day one.
It's an audacious goal, but we're ambitious people. We're looking for a few more ambitious folks to join our team.
We’re not just wide-eyed dreamers – we’re pragmatic doers, too. Our founder and CEO, Richard Socher
previously started an AI company called MetaMind. Salesforce acquired the company, and Richard became Chief Scientist, leading the company’s AI efforts. Prior to MetaMind, Richard received the best Ph.D. thesis award from Stanford for his groundbreaking work on deep learning. Bryan McCann
, co-founder and CTO, is a scientist and philosopher who led natural language processing teams at Salesforce after completing his Master's in C.S. at Stanford. Our founding team members have built companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars and scaled software to serve millions of users. For fun, we run marathons, paramotor, write poetry, read Latin, hike, and camp in the middle of nowhere.
If this sounds intriguing, say hello!
About the Job
We’re hiring our first engineer who will be 100% focused on security. As such you have the opportunity to help us shape the future of our security practices.
You’re an engineer with experience in pen-testing, cybersecurity and data security. You have worked in red team/blue team roles. You can find and fix security flaws in complex systems. You can think out-of-the box how attackers may try to break into, escalate privileges, social engineer their way into our systems and you are passionate about preventing that from happening. You are equally passionate about protecting user data and helping us find ways to minimize the risks of data breaches and user privacy violations. You have worked in a startup before, you take initiative and lead projects to completion, building partnerships with colleagues and gaining the trust of your manager. Bonus points if you have experience with AI/ML security. You find inspiration in our core values of Facts, Trust and Kindness and want to help building the world’s first privacy-respecting, AI-first, collaborative search engine.
- Monitor the company’s surface of attack helping us minimize the risk of security and data breaches
- Assess vulnerabilities in our data lifecycle and pipelines, highlighting critical weaknesses and suggesting best practices to minimize risks.
- Implement, design, and support security tooling for detection, remediation, and compliance.
- Collaborate with software and data engineers to improve how we collect, process, store and delete user data.
- Perform code reviews, infrastructure security assessments, and assist in remediation.
- 5+ years of security industry experience including attack mitigations, threat modeling, and implementation of infrastructure and data protection.
- Experience writing clean and functional code in Python and SQL.
- Experience in securing data pipelines and distributed systems.
- Experience infrastructure security, compliance and risk management.
- Experience in a startup environment
You.com is an equal opportunity employer: your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status don’t matter. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace that is effectively distributed around the world.
We're a remote-first company, but work hours are generally within the Pacific Timezone (7 hours behind UTC). We get together in-person regularly as a team, but as long as your able to maintain significant overlap with Pacific hours during the workday we're comfortable hiring in almost any location (location-specific legal requirements permitting).
• Competitive salary and equity
• Great health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
• 401(k) plan
• Unlimited time off (4+ weeks encouraged annually)
• Generous parental leave
• Flexible work hours