Atmosera is full lifecycle cloud technology transformation firm, offering app and data professional services, security & compliance management, Azure operations, and technology training.
Our expertise across applications, data, and the Microsoft Azure platform allows us to accelerate innovation speed, increase operational agility, and vastly improve the return on investment in modern technology and human expertise.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join the team! The Security Engineer serves on a team of professionals to support the development, building, implementation, monitoring, governance and support for security tools and frameworks for both Atmosera and our clients. This includes (but not limited to) monitoring of server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, working with our Managed Detection and Response tooling, and troubleshooting. You will also analyze and help resolve security events and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion and conduct user activity audits where required. The Security Engineer will also help prepare for annual audits including PCI-DSS, HIPPA/HITECH, IRS 1075, SOC 1 & SOC 2, Type II.
What You'll Do:
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of cloud environments including compute, storage, data, serverless, networks and information systems leveraging the Microsoft security tooling such as Defender for Cloud and Sentinel.
- Contribute to the execution activities in the areas of security risk identification, analysis, classification, and mitigation strategies.
- Support company-wide information security plans, policies, principles, baselines, and standards.
- Investigate and propose technologies and methodologies that can enhance Atmosera's security and/or business continuity posture.
- · Work with operations, clients, and partners to ensure monitoring of server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity; interpret and make recommendations for resolution.
- Measure, track and report security risks, vulnerabilities, and remediation updates/resolutions.
- Contribute to the creation, documentation, implementation and maintenance of procedures and processes that ensure security control effectiveness.
- Maintain security controls to protect unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and deletion of information through resources and networks.
- Respond to client requests according to service level agreements.
- Investigate known and suspected information security incidents and develop related reports.
- Conduct routine security risk analysis, evaluate business needs against collision, vulnerabilities and search resulting risks.
- Adhere to compliance requirements, including but not limited to: PCI-DSS, HIPPA/HITECH, IRS 1075, FedRamp Moderate and SOC 2 – in conjunction with Atmosera's internal InfoSec best practices.
- Work with Microsoft Sentinel SIEM, XDR, Microsoft Defender for Cloud, M365 and UEBA tooling.
The Skills You'll Need:
- A proven natural interest and curiosity surrounding information security with a passion for taking your career to higher and higher levels within the discipline.
- Strong analytical mind with a focus on root-cause analysis, knowledge development and process creation.
- An ability to create and use automation to ensure tasks are done quickly and consistently.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with a diverse range of both internal and external customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing deliverables to exceed customer satisfaction and meet SLAs.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, cloud-focused industry across a dynamic and diverse range of customer environments.
- Experience with risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Experience designing networks, systems, and application architectures.
- Experience with Microsoft security tooling.
- 3 years of information security work experience in deployment or governance
- General hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection, anti-virus software, data encryption, DLP, NAC, SEIM, and other industry-standard tools, techniques, and practices.
- Technical knowledge of network, server, and endpoint platform operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of identity management and security technologies including Azure Active Directory, AD DS Group Policy, ADFS, SSO, and authentication protocols.
- Prior experience managing and maintaining information related to security compliance audits.
- Knowledge of MDR/XDR/SIEM/EDR Solutions
- Knowledge of DevSecOps framework
- Ability to pass Public Trust security clearance.
Perks & Benefits
- We invest in our resources, helping you to take your skills to the next level with yearly continued career development.
- Health, vision, dental package
- 401k with employer matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Performance-based compensation with bonus potential in addition to salary
- Employee Recognition and Reward Programs
- Community Service Leave
This is a full-time position in the United States with the ability to work from home, or from one of our many US offices if local.
Atmosera is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.