Tactibit Technologies provides innovative information technology, cybersecurity, and cloud support services to the Federal Government. We support some of the nation's most critical and demanding projects including satellite operations, critical infrastructure, and search and rescue. We are a diverse team of hands-on professionals dedicated to solving problems and developing innovative solutions in support of our customers' critical missions. Our success is dependent on our inclusive, collaborative environment with a shared commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About the Cloud Software Engineer position
We are looking for a talented software engineer with in-depth experience in AWS DevOps tools and techniques to join our team remotely. You will work closely with government and contractor staff to design and provision enterprise-level cloud services and infrastructure in an AWS cloud computing environment. You will support National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) cloud initiatives includes services deemed mission critical that ingest, process, disseminate, and store petabytes of environmental data collected from satellites daily. You should be an expert in migrating functions and networks to private, public, and hybrid cloud environments. We expect you to have a passion for creating new cloud deployment and optimizing enterprise systems. You should have a desire to work with satellite data and products for the public and government. Besides, you should be able to perform well working in a team, along with developers, engineers and scientists.
Cloud Software Engineer responsibilities are:
- Architect, plan, and implement new cloud services and infrastructure based on customer specifications.
- Migrate functions and on-premise workloads to private, public, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Act as a subject matter expert for end-to-end cloud systems engineering including identifying cloud providers, networking, provisioning, and management/governance.
- Design, plan, and implement improvements to the enterprise cloud environment to maximize performance, availability, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with the Cloud Architect to enhance existing and build new capabilities within the AWS-hosted cloud environment.
- Collaborate with management, software developers, scientists, system/network administrators, and other technical experts to determine growth plans and identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor the usage of cloud services and infrastructure to ensure appropriate provisioning and manage cost.
- Design and implement effective security controls and strategies on cloud network environments.
- Function in a DevOps environment supporting development, testing, operations, and troubleshooting in a mission-critical environment.
- Support security testing, hardening, and assessments to meet strict compliance and operational security requirements.
Cloud Software Engineer requirements are:
- Experience working with Cloud Service Providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platforms
- Computer programming and/or scripting skills with languages including Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Node.js, and/or other common programming languages
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with migrating and integrating containerized workloads in the cloud using Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with coworkers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Familiarity and experience with large-scale cloud deployments in enterprise environments including DevOps principles and CI/CD pipelines
- Expert experience analyzing on-premise infrastructure and applications, developing solutions and alternatives for migrating to the cloud, and making recommendations on right-fit cloud solutions and services
- Experience architecting and building scalable, automated cloud infrastructure and applications
- Experience with AWS cloud services, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and CI/CD tools and practices
- Experience with AWS Lambda and similar serverless computing methods
- Familiarity with key cloud computing concepts, practices, and architecture including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Familiarity with modern DevOps principles, practices, methods, and tools
- Optional experience with Federal government environments and concepts including FedRAMP, NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST SP 800-53 security controls
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a full background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- 6+ years of experience with cloud computing solution development, architecture, or engineering
- 4+ years of experience supporting the migration of on-premise applications to cloud environments