Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Game Designer who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others.
You’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Designing, directing, and iterating on game systems that deliver amazing player experiences
- Contributing to concept, direction, and gameplay for all Mountaintop projects
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to bring out the best ideas, translating them into compelling prototypes
- Inventing, extending, and maintaining design processes, tools, and workflows
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A minimum of 4 years design experience, including at least one shipped title
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience supporting a live service title
- Experience working on networked games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of employee premiums paid, 90% of dependent premiums paid)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
*Specific perks (benefits) are applicable to regular, full-time employees only (benefits are not applicable to contractors). Benefits are determined by country of residency and are in compliance with local, state, and country regulations.*