Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B
funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here
for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
In the Senior Product Designer role, you will apply user-centered design methods to craft exceptional user experiences—from concept to execution. You will collaborate with design partners, product managers, and engineers to leverage and evolve the Osmind design system to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired Electronic Health Record (EHR) product features for our customers and their patients.
Note: Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. This position will be remote from Mexico. Must provide a link to your portfolio. We will not consider applications that do not provide a portfolio.
What you'll do
- Create low- to high-fidelity product design deliverables, interaction design specs, and interactive prototypes for both web and mobile.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the Osmind design system.
- Confidently communicate design intent and rationalize design decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user needs and design solutions that meet those needs.
- Present designs and design rationale to stakeholders, including product management and engineering teams.
- Conduct user research and testing to validate design concepts.
- Continuously experiment, evaluate, and learn through the design iteration process.
- Push the boundaries of what an EHR can be through bold experimentation.
- Collaborate with Product Manager around product strategy and roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to improve on the already existing product based on cross-functional qualitative and quantitative data.
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of experience working on a SaaS mobile and web product.
- A design portfolio demonstrating your ability to produce low to high-fidelity designs.
- A passion for solving complex design problems and creating delightful user experiences.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas.
- Appreciation of the practice of design iteration - you will always be experimenting, evaluating, and learning.
- A positive, scrappy attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- If local, willing to work out of our office in the San Francisco office 2-3 days per week
Nice to haves
- Experience conducting user research activities to inform the development of design solutions
- Healthcare technology experience is preferred but not required
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Osmind is a public benefit corporation and platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. We recently published our first Public Benefit Report that chronicles how our team of scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists have been working to help solve the worldwide mental health crisis, advance responsible innovation and research, and help ensure robust access to care for patients of all backgrounds. Read the report here: https://www.osmind.org/pbc