Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest growing technology company.
We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, De’Longhi, Guess, Jelly Belly, and Therabody.
The Senior Product Designer will bring years of experience designing successful B2B SaaS products to Noibu, to help us build an impactful product that our customers love using. This is the most senior design role where leadership and mentoring other designers is a strength. This means you’re likely to spend most of your time “in” product design with some time spent “on” product design, helping to improve the practice.
It’s a great opportunity for someone who knows how to operate within a fast-moving startup, wrangling stakeholders for reviews, initiating customer calls, and digging into exciting new concepts without being handed all of the details.
Noibu has a strong vision of where we want to go. This is a very high-profile and influential role that will help us to get there.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as the design leader within the Product team, collaborating with other PMs and other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Speaking with customers to understand their jobs, their motivations, their challenges and the environment in which they use Noibu to help us design an impactful product
- Working with one or more engineering squads (4-6 engineers, designer, product manager, sometimes a data person) to shape and mature an early-stage analytics product
- Working through design problems from beginning to end: translating customer insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team, key stakeholders and design partners
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship
What you've done before:
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Experience collaborating with customers extensively when designing and validating solutions. (There are no dedicated customer researchers at Noibu, product designers do their own research.)
- Experience designing data visualizations such as charts and graphs, ideally but not necessarily for an analytics product
- Led other designers and helped shape how designers operate within a software organization
- Contributed to the shaping of design systems and component libraries
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to work when and where you want.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).