Stormind Games is hiring!
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic Senior Level Designer to join a highly motivated team.
As part of the job, you will have to communicate effectively with multi-discipline teams across the studio within the project's technical and scope restrictions.
If you've got the experience and skills required and enjoy working with a focused group of talented and passionate game devs, then this is the place for you!
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Level Designer at Stormind Games, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborate with the Lead Designer and the Design Team to bring innovative ideas to all aspects of game design.
- Realise the high-level vision of your levels through all stages of development from initial block out through to final shipped product.
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme, and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences.
- Conceptualize, design, script, direct and create game levels.
- Plan, execute and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting.
- Use player feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience.
- Work closely with the GD & Tech team to ensure the relevance of layouts with existing systems.
- Work in close collaboration with the Art team to design balanced, readable environments that serve the player experience.
- Review, tweak, and balance gameplay to deliver a AA quality experience.
- Validate the playability of the mechanics and environment with Testers, Artists and Gameplay Programmers.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Show an ability to weave narrative and artistic themes with gameplay mechanics to build engaging levels.
- Be able to propose creative solutions to complex design problems and importantly "bring the team with you".
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in prototyping maps and gameplay mechanics using Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Experience writing high-quality and thorough design documentation including diagrams and flow-chart creation.
- At least one published title (PC or Consoles).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Degree or Certificate in video game design.
- Narrative Designer skills.
- Experience in Action Adventure and/or Survival Horror.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
We kindly ask you to apply by sending your resume and a short cover letter in English.