- Ground-floor product designer role at venture-backed startup (TenOneTen Ventures, Jason Calacanis)
- The position is entirely remote, forever, with twice-annual all-expenses-paid team retreats
- Equity package, huge upside as we revolutionize a $20 trillion (yes, with a t) global industry
- Salary range from $120k - $140k, unlimited PTO, competitive health benefits, wellness incentives
- Epic team of A+ players, executing and having a ton of fun doing it. We’d love to have you join us!
SparkPlug is realigning the economics of the retail and restaurant industries to make every employee an owner. In CPG and service industry verticals like beauty, outdoor gear, and full-service restaurants, customers rely on the product recommendation of point-of-purchase experts up to 92% of the time (be it a beauty consultant, bartender, or a member of the Geek Squad). SparkPlug allows brands to directly reward these key influencers for every sale they generate with cash via gamified commissions, contests, and goals. We drive more revenue for brands, improve employee performance for retailers, and empower frontline workers across the world with fair compensation and economic equality, all based on the sales revenue they generate each day.
We’re a San Francisco, CA-based company hiring for a ground-floor product manager to help us enter the hyper-growth phase. We’re backed by top VCs and angels like TenOneTen Ventures, the inventors of Google AdSense, Jason Calacanis, and the CEO of Foursquare, and we’re working to revolutionize the future of the nearly 20 trillion-dollar global brick and mortar retail market. We solve problems for some of the most interesting consumer product verticals around, and we need product-obsessed rockstars who can help us continuously improve SparkPlug!
- You are a highly motivated product designer ready to learn everything about SparkPlug, our product, our customers and our business goals to create compelling, effective, engaging and intuitive experiences
- You are a personable team player with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You can adapt quickly and easily as priorities change in this fast-paced startup environment.
- You can give and receive feedback and are willing to teach others as our team grows
- You can work remotely and manage your own time effectively
- You want to help us grow our business with the company vision at the forefront of every decision
About the Position
- Work closely with the co-founder, product manager, lead designer and engineers to define, build and release new products and features
- Construct design concepts and prototypes that effectively communicate new ideas, features and improvements for engineering feedback and validating user needs
- Develop and deliver high-fidelity mockups in well-documented user flows to be included in user stories
- Provide additional post-launch UI fixes and design support to maximize continued product efficiency
- Be a steward of great product design by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards, utilizing and building upon SparkPlug’s existing design system and component library
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration
- You have 5+ years of experience in UX or product design digital products; preferably experience with B2B or complex products
- You have a visually stunning portfolio showcasing solid user-centered design practice and a high degree of design craftsmanship
- You have the ability to translate complex sets of requirements into elegant and scalable design solutions
- You’re a self-starter and a teammate who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have experience working with Figma, our primary design tool
- You have working knowledge of HTML & CSS and and experience designing responsive web products
- You can communicate well with front-end engineers on visual and interaction details
- You’re comfortable working within design systems and frameworks
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration