Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, license, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Lead Game Designer you will be helping define & execute the game’s roadmap while ensuring that user experience is flawless.
- Deeply understand players needs & motivations to inform design decisions
- Transform high level opportunities into concrete & well thought out feature designs
- Collaborate with product, art, engineering & QA to carry designs all the way from concept into final playable software that can ship
- Create all facets of game design including feature specifications, user flows, prototypes where necessary, economy & live ops config structures
- Communicate Design learnings, goals and future plans to stakeholders including the extended development team
- Recruit & coach / manage game designers for your project when necessary
- Build and improve game design tools/processes to make the design process faster and more efficient for the team
What makes you a great candidate?
- Experience working as a Senior Game Designer or a Lead Game Designer in free-to-play mobile gaming
- Experience in a leading a team of designers
- Experience in live operations
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking, analysis skills
- Experience in designing & learning from A/B Tests
- Great knowledge of game design principles & design theory
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to