Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative individual to learn under a member of our Product Marketing team as a graphic design intern. The Graphic Design intern will gain skills developing creative assets such as flyers, postcards, presentations, and ads similar to those used across Wonolo’s social media, email marketing, website, and blog.
All student candidates must be currently enrolled in a college, university, or technical school. Candidates should display a knowledge of current design trends, strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as ingenuity, and an eagerness to learn. Candidates must also possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of Adobe Suite. Students must also provide a detailed description of internship credit requirements so we can work with your schedule. This is a Spring 2023 internship experience for college credit.
We are looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our Product Marketing team this Spring.
-This internship is unpaid and for college credit only*100% remote
-Please provide requirements for college credit, required hours, deadlines and available schedule
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United State #LI-Remote.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the States of California, Colorado, New York City, Ithaca, New York, Westchester County, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely within these locations.
What you'll do:
- Report and assist the lead designer with supplemental marketing initiatives
- Attend team and 1-on-1 meetings
- Prepare rough drafts and present concepts
- Help with design execution in Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Canva, etc.
- Assist across functional marketing teams to deliver potential assets
- You may also undertake special projects, conducting research, and communicating with functional leaders.
- The Graphic Design Internship at Wonolo is an incredible way to learn the landscape of an energetic technology startup company focusing on providing on-demand staffing solutions in today's labor economy.
- This description only provides an overview of potential internship experiences and is subject to change based on your existing skillset and experience as well as your educational goals.
Who you are:
- You must have the following qualifications:
- Studying Graphic design or related field (Required)
- Work authorization for credit (Required)
- Adobe Suite experience - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.(Required)
- Video Production/editing (Preferred but not required)
- We are currently recruiting an intern for a Graphic Design internship position.
A successful applicant will possess the following:
- A basic understanding and appreciation of a wide variety of graphic design aesthetics and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to create dynamic design elements across a wide array of stylesAbility to adapt design style and sensibility to the specific job and characteristics of a particular task
- Ability to be a proactive contributor to the creative process from the beginning of a project through delivery
- Ability to channel and focus creativity and execute on projects under challenging time constraints and deadlinesAbility to understand and execute on internal feedback and/or notes to achieve the desired end product
- Ability to work as part of a small team on both short-term and long-term projects
- Create content with an emphasis on audience engagement
- Understanding target demographics and creating compelling content to reach them
- Contribute innovative ideas for new projectsWillingness to learn more about each of the above bullet points through guided research and discussion.
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado, New York City, Ithaca, New York, Westchester County, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely within these locations.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.