Pennylane is building the financial OS (Operating System) for European SMEs. A single source of truth for financial data, used on one side by entrepreneurs to run their business (invoicing and getting paid, paying suppliers and expense management, piloting cash and profitability) and on the other side by their accountant for bookkeeping and fiscal declarations.
Saving time for all entrepreneurs and accountants, helping them to make the right decisions and enabling 3rd parties to offer added-value personalised financial services.
We’ve launched in France and will expand to other markets in Continental Europe in 2023. Our commercial website is thus in French only but the code is obviously documented in English and our tech team speaks English.
We’re product-led, growing fast, backed by strong investors and are starting to hire software engineers anywhere in Europe, to join our experienced remote-first engineering team.
The company's HQ are in Paris, but the whole Product team is remote-first. You are thus free to work from wherever you want in Europe.
In a nutshell: we are building the best financial management and accounting software for continental Europe and changing the life of entrepreneurs and accounting firms.
👪 Team and context
The Product Design team is integrated into the product entity, alongside Product Managers. You will be an integral part of the Product Design team (currently 18 people), with whom you will collaborate on daily basis.
In order to build balanced duo for our squads, we've made sure that our Product Design ratio to a number of Product Managers is 1:1.
✨ What's exciting about our project?
- The vision: We want to change the life of thousands of entrepreneurs throughout Europe with our solution
- The ambition: We are scaling at a very rapid pace and we want to become one of the fintech leaders within 2-3 years
- The learning curve: We have great tech mentors and experienced engineers whom you can share with and learn from everyday
- The product: Two years after its launch, our solution has received outstanding feedback from our users, and we still have so much to build and offer!
- The environment: We do our best to develop a culture based on trust, autonomy, and benevolence so you can feel like you're in the right place
🥇 You’re the right candidate if…
- You'll be leading the design system team, providing structure, making sure it has proper processes in place, making sure that it evolves to support delivery and elevate the look and feel of the product.
- You’ll own the design documentation, being one of its lead contributors, where you will work closely with other teams (Tech, Brand, Marketing, etc.) to build an exhaustive design system for the entire company.
- You'll be on the look for the best UX/UI practices, benchmarking the global tech ecosystem, aiming towards creating the best experience for Pennylane products.
- You'll evangelise the design system and its benefits to all Pennylane employees, maintaining frequent communication in order to keep high alignment across product and tech teams.
- You'll lead, organise and participate in product workshops, as well as cross-functional team initiatives, so you can tackle complex and rewarding issues.
- You are able to communicate well in both English and French.
🎁 What we offer
- Choice of a work laptop (Mac/Linux)
- Remote desk set up or a use of Co-working space (we work etc.)
- Gross Salary + Generous Stock Option Plan.
- Alan Mind: employee access to mental health support and wellbeing.
- Busuu: language learning platform access.
- Gymlib: access to online workouts, or studio access if you are based in Paris.
- Holidays + any bank holidays on top of standard.
- Occasional travel to our Paris HQ for team building events/workshops/dev days (we get teams to meet every couple of months) and onboarding. As well as 2 yearly trips for company activities. Last time we went to the Alps and enjoyed two days doing fun activities in the snow, it was fabulous!
- Development and learning budget, courses, activities, books, anything that helps you excel.
- We are working on introducing more perks, depending on your location.
🤝 Hiring process
- Initial call with a Recruiter
- Brainstorming session and Design challenge
- Get to know call with the 2 people from product team
Encouraging diversity in all its forms, Pennylane strives to offer an inclusive, caring and fulfilling work environment in our offices and remotely. We provide equal opportunities and consideration regardless of background, origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation or handicap.