We are looking for a smart and motivated Data Scientist who will join Growens to guide and inspire the organization on business potential through analytics.
Working at Growens means joining an international group of tech companies where people are the heart of the business. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair, transparent and motivating while promoting merit, well-being and people development. A flexible way of working fuels a constant strive for innovative processes & solutions: all of us can choose whether to work from home, from the office or from anywhere else, at any time.
As a Data Scientist, you will report directly to the Head of Analytics & Digital Integration. You will gather and analyze data using various types of analytics and reporting tools to detect patterns, trends, and relationships in data sets.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
Problem Analysis and Management
- Identify opportunities for business-led delivery; coach employees to make use of data and analytics.
- Identify data-driven/ML business opportunities
- Prioritize, scope, and manage data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success
- Interact and translate analytic insights for internal business stakeholders and other IT team
Data Collection, Preparation, and Exploration
- Understand new data sources and process pipelines and catalog/document them
- Acquire access to various databases and other sources systems
- Create data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects
- Display drive and curiosity to understand the business processes at their core
- Network with domain experts to better understand the business mechanics that generated the data
- Apply visualization techniques (using BI tools) and statistical analysis to make value out of data
- Apply various ML and advanced analytics techniques to perform classification or prediction tasks; for example, from an understanding of financial risk, customer journey, quality prediction, sales, marketing
- Collaborate with data engineers to evaluate and implement ML deployment
What we Offer:
- Make a difference: you'll give a huge contribution to the growth of the Group.
- Learn and grow: will work closely with important stakeholders to drive business insight.
- Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results, no matter how many hours you spend in the office
- International environment: we are an international reality present in different countries and different cultures.
What we are looking for:
- Passion: you love what you do, you go the extra mile, eager to tackle challenges and solve problems. You are passionate about data and you have strong analytical thinking skills.
- Open-Mindedness: you embrace change and you love to learn and keep up to date. You value other people's points of view and you love to debate ideas, brainstorm, collaborate and evangelize. You have the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Drive: You are ready to advise and support to achieve successful outcomes in a fast-moving, strongly results-driven environment
- Autonomy: you have the ability to organize your work activities
- Interpersonal skills: you can build quality relationships with everybody, be diplomatic, and be capable of resolving disputes in a responsible manner as conflicts may arise. You have excellent collaborative skills.
- Proficiency in English and Italian: you read, write, and speak proficiently in English and Italian.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar position;
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics;
- Solid statistical background related to:
- Multivariate analysis (regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis, etc.);
- Predictive analysis / Scoring;
- Programming in R or Python
- Good SQL
- Experience with BI Tools (like Spotfire, and PowerBi…)
When you join our company, you can expect:
- Full-time work in a fast-growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market leader in our industry.
- Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.);
- Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Type of contract & location
- We offer a permanent contract;
- We have offices in Cremona & Milano, but you can also choose to work remotely (from Italy) as stated by our way of working. If you do work remotely, we will ask you to be flexible about joining the rest of the team in our Cremona or Milano offices from time to time for in-person meetings and workshops.
Growens is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, ancestry, colour, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, or any other basis protected by law.