Pennylane is the all-in-one financial and accounting platform for business owners and their accountants. A single source of truth for financial data, used on one side by entrepreneurs to run their business (invoicing and getting paid, paying suppliers and expense management, piloting cash and profitability) and on the other side by their accountant for bookkeeping and tax declarations.
Saving time to all entrepreneurs and accountants, helping them to make the right decisions and enabling 3rd parties to offer added-value personalized financial services.
We’re product-led, growing fast, backed by strong investors and are starting to hire software engineers and data practitioners anywhere in Europe, to join our experienced remote-first tech team.
🎯 Your mission
In short: building a scalable Data Platform, inspired by the state of the art, that will serve as a foundation to design analytics pipelines and machine learning products to power Pennylane and make it the best financial OS in the market.
In more details:
- You will contribute to all parts of our Data Platform, from data ingestion and validation to transport, storage and exposure to consumers
- You will participate in the design and implementation of data solutions (streaming, ETL, etc)
- You will work hand in hand with data scientists and analysts to implement analytics and machine learning solutions
- You will work closely with software engineers - the most critical data producers - to guarantee data quality and integrity, and promote a culture where data is seen as a production system
The company is based in Paris, and most of the Tech & Data team works remotely. So you are free to work from wherever you want in Europe.
✨ What's exciting about our project ?
- The vision: we want to change the life of thousands of entrepreneurs throughout Europe with our solution
- The ambition: we are scaling at a very rapid pace and we want to become a leader in fintech within 2 to 3 years
- The learning curve: we have a very experienced Tech & Data team whom you can share with and learn from everyday
- The ownership: we are a product-led company with decentralized decision-making and strong ownership within each Product Squad
- The environment: we do our best to develop a culture based on trust, autonomy, and benevolence so you can feel like you're in the right place
🥇 You’re the right candidate if…
- You have a varied experience (> 3 years) in designing and building data pipelines in a production environment
- In particular, you have experience in technologies related to data streaming: performance, observability, real time processing, schema validation, etc.
- You have deployed projects in a cloud environment
- You have worked closely with data users on solving concrete business problems
- You are pragmatic, autonomous and know when to leverage open source or proprietary solutions, and when to build new ones, based on needs
… with bonus points if:
- You have experience with AWS and infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- You have an engineering background
🎁 What we offer :
- A competitive package + company shares
- Possibility to work remotely
- Budget to work from a coworking space or buy equipment to work from home
- A modern, cloud based stack
- Monthly tech events, and one offsite with the whole company once a year
- Career tracks to make sure you can keep learning and growing within Pennylane
🤝 Hiring process :
- A first interview with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- A review of project of your choice (public repo, tech article, pet project, etc)
- A past project interview to hear about your experience
- A case study interview to cover a topic closely related to one of our priorities
- An interview with our Tech & Product founders to discuss our company culture
Encouraging diversity in all its forms, Pennylane strives to offer an inclusive, caring and fulfilling work environment in our offices and remotely. We provide equal opportunities and consideration regardless of background, origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation or handicap.