We started ButterCMS with an ambitious mission: to create a headless content management system that was as smooth as butter for developers and marketers to use, and to do it with a healthy company culture that believes balancing work and life should be just as smooth.
Now that we’ve done it, as the top-rated headless CMS, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re setting our sights even higher: bigger impact + rapid growth. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our customers with technical questions and problems when using our product.
Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator and problem solver who’s able to earn our clients’ trust. You should also be familiar with ticketing and chat software.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support at all times.
*This will be a full-time contract position*
Some things our team loves about working at Butter
- Fully remote team that was always meant to be remote: The company has been built as a fully remote company from the start.
- A clear sense of goals and priorities: We have a highly autonomous, highly capable team.
- Meetings, but not too many: We don’t believe in wasting your time.
- Egalitarian Communication: Every member of the team is encouraged to provide input, share ideas, etc. Butter prides itself on respectful communication over all channels, facilitating a positive environment where team members of all experience levels are encouraged to grow.
- Make an impact in our customer's lives: Butter is a top-rated headless CMS with high G2 marks in everything from ease of implementation to best customer service, meaning that you can feel a real sense of pride in how much clients love it and how much easier it makes their lives.
- Provide technical and product support
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate manner via chat and email
- Educate customers on ButterCMS and our products with knowledge and enthusiasm
- Engage proactively with customers to make sure they are successful in using our products;
- Provide support for customer-related projects and tasks
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Create and maintain technical product resources and how-to articles
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback to share with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Software Development, Sales, and Marketing to achieve customer success and meet the company goals
- 100% remote
- Ability to work as a full-time contractor
- Ability to work US hours (8am-5pm EST)
- Eager and able to learn quickly
- 2+ years experience as a Customer Support Specialist or similar customer-facing position for a SaaS business.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills with the ability to drive towards unveiling root causes before presenting the best solutions
- Ability to decipher ambiguous problems and present optimal solutions
- Track record for taking a solution-oriented approach with customers
- Excellent communication skills and near-native fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Comfortable with technical documentation (basic knowledge of API calls and HTML as well as experience or interest in web development and marketing is a huge plus)
- Experience using help desk or ticketing software for handling customer and product requests (such as Jira or Asana)
- Experience using inbound messaging systems such as Intercom
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Extreme attention to detail
- Patience when handling complicated cases
Start your journey of helping others build better with Butter.