Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome redefines how people travel by going above and beyond the commoditized transfer service and being the first company to deliver a complete, personalized, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalized way possible. Welcome's drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travelers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
Being a travel tech startup, Welcome continues to grow and scale its operations and is quickly becoming a global category leader for in-destination travel services.
- One of the highest-rated global transportation companies with a rating of 4.9/5 stars
- 170 destinations in 72 countries with a goal to reach 200 by 2023
- 33 destinations launched in 2022
- Over 2,000 travel partners including 1,000 hotels, numerous vacation rentals, and travel agents, adding 50+ new ones every month
- Over 1 Million happy travelers every year
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, put simplicity and usability first, and create memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the role
Operations associate is responsible for supporting Destination Lead in achieving operational healthiness in all of the DL’s assigned destinations, as well as being solely responsible for operations in a few low-volume destinations.
When supporting a Destination Lead:
- Continuously optimizes Welcome Destinations’ setup (cutoff times, hailing hours, blocked hours, hailing thresholds, maximum vehicle capacities, etc.)
- Performs weekly cancellation root cause analysis
- Monitors the performance and the quality of services by approving driver flags, assisting the Driver Recruiter team with onboarding decisions,
- Coordinates the communication with the driver communities by talking with them over WhatsApp or calls, handling escalated support requests, defining top performers (essential drivers, heroes), nurturing them, etc.
Additionally to that, when managing a few low-volume destinations:
- Sets up pricing, reviews it, makes sure Welcome is competitive and attends to any dynamic or fixed reasons to update it.
- Ensures that our operational model functions with the highest number of transfers and the least number of cancellations at the same time.
- Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market and legal landscape, so as to identify issues and provide smart solutions.
- Responsible for all products of the company (both rides and s-rides in the designated destinations)
- Works closely with the Destination Lead and Head of Operations, providing information regarding driver-related data accuracy, specific market challenges, community issues, capacity, imbalances, etc. to anticipate spikes in demand, and implement plans to ensure sufficient, on-demand driver supply.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Proven experience of more than one year in operations, ideally in fleet management, ride sharing, last-mile logistics, and/or high-growth start-ups in the LATAM.
- Self-starter: can work independently, make decisions, and take responsibility for them.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task and set priorities quickly and effectively.
- Ηigh achiever - seeks to regularly surpass sales or performance goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- An analytical mind and out-of-the-box thinker.
- A friendly and upbeat personality.
- Digital native: fluent in web and digital technologies.
- Competitive salary package plus bonus scheme.
- Fully remote work policy.
- Vibrant and fresh work environment.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level.
Interested? If we got you excited and you think you have what it takes to join a young, well-funded, and fast-growing startup, then just hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button!