Sep 04, 2023 - Bluehubcapital is hiring a remote Director of Corporate Sponsorship. 📍Location: USA.
BlueHub Capital seeks a Director of Corporate Sponsorship to lead business development efforts for the One Percent for America (OPA) business unit. Reporting to the SVP of Digital Marketing of One Percent for America, this person will be responsible for the creation, growth and success of the corporate sponsorship program.
A successful performer in this role will have strong business development skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with prospective corporate sponsors who are interested in supporting accessible paths to U.S. citizenship. This role is primarily external facing, with the Director aiming to develop and execute a strategy to attract and retain corporate partners to support OPA’s work both though financial contributions and through participation in OPA’s Marketplace through which various partners and vendors will offer discounted products and services to OPA’s membership base.
Work Arrangements: The OPA team is hybrid and gathers in person about once per month in Boston. Geographic flexibility can be accommodated, but the Boston area / Northeast region is preferred.
One Percent for America, a new mission-driven entity sponsored by BlueHub Capital, is an online membership-based platform with a non-profit mission to build an inclusive future for America by reducing the financial barriers to citizenship for millions of immigrants. The OPA platform and its online member community are removing financial barriers along the path to citizenship by giving future Americans three vital tools of empowerment: 1% interest loans for their government application fees; financial education on topics from building credit to financing a home or small business; and other tailored membership benefits that support their immigration journey and thriving within the U.S.
OPA’s sponsor, BlueHub Capital, is a fully self-sustaining, national, nonprofit organization with a mission to help build healthy communities where low-income people live and work. Since 1985, BlueHub has invested over $2.4 billion dollars (and leveraged another $12 billion) to finance:
· affordable housing, child and youth programs, schools and health care facilities
· the renovation of commercial real estate in distressed neighborhoods
· solar power installations to help contain energy costs for families with low incomes
· homeowners facing the threat of foreclosure
To date, BlueHub Capital and its affiliates have financed the construction or preservation of over 24,000 affordable homes, financed the development of over 6 million square feet of commercial real estate, childcare facilities and schools that serve over 40,000 children, created over 13,800 jobs, and prevented over 1,150 foreclosures and their related evictions. The organization’s offices are located in the Nubian Square neighborhood of Boston, MA. To learn more about BlueHub Capital, please visit, www.bluehubcapital.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Work with OPA leadership to develop revenue goals and action plan related to corporate partnershipa and affiliations, and help evaluate effectiveness of cause marketing campaigns..
§ Lead efforts to create, manage and execute appropriate strategies for developing new corporate relationships and leverage existing relationships to spread awareness of OPA mission and sponsorship opportunities.
§ Identify targets for new corporate engagement. Successfully initiate, cultivate and close sponsorship agreements with new prospects.
§ Work with OPA’s leadership and marketing team to craft messaging and marketing collateral that resonates with sponsors regarding the impact and benefits of their involvement with OPA.
§ Track and manage outreach to OPA partners and affiliates via CRM system, Salesforce.
§ Develop and nurture an open environment of speed, testing, and learning.
§ Oversee business development resource management. Coordinate with support departments at BlueHub Capital to ensure successful operations.
§ Liaise with BlueHub Communications team to optimize customer experience and ensure brand consistency where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· 10+ years of experience in business development with a focus on corporate sponsorship and campaigns. Previous success with creation and management of a portfolio of corporate partners is required.
· Existing networks with corporations interested in supporting immigration and the immigrant community in the United States.
· Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and driving a business toward agreed-upon success metrics.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of an organization.
· Strong ability to convey complex concepts to all audience levels. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation.
· Ability to thrive in a lean, proactive environment.
· Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas.
· Passion for public service and public engagement around issues of social and economic justice.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of BlueHub Capital’s scale. As a “life cycle employer,” BlueHub invests in the benefits, training, growth opportunities and infrastructure that let you envision a career here. Benefits include:
· Generous insurance benefits: Health, dental, vison, life and disability insurance, including additional reimbursement for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses
· Retirement benefits: Competitive 401(k) matching
· Unique BlueHub benefits and stipends that support employee wellness, sustainable practices and charitable gift matching
· Excellent package of vacation time and paid leave, as well as generous roll-over policies
Please submit a resume and cover letter online via our application portal. You may direct your cover letter to Shannon Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist. No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, BlueHub Capital cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
BlueHub Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), genetic information, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual’s qualifications for a specific job opening.
|🇺🇸||Be aware of the location restriction for this remote position: USA Only|
|‼||Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything. Learn more.️|