Alliance is the leading Web3 accelerator and founder community. Since early 2020, we've helped the top 1% of Web3 founders start and grow their companies. We do so through a 12-week program led by leading experts. Our community includes fellow founders, traders, investors, laywers and more. Together, we will grow Web3 to one billion users by 2025.
Alliance started in early 2020 as the “DeFi Alliance” working with founders who were building the very first decentralized finance applications. By helping these early projects source liquidity from professional trading firms, they became market leaders with a combined valuation of over a billion dollars. Leveraging our early success, we broadened our mission and now offer best-in-class acceleration across all verticals in Web3.
Web3 Accelerator Program. A 12-week program featuring talks from leading experts, hands-on mentorship, demo days and more. Over our twelve-week program, teams can expect a minimum of 20 hours of dedicated mentorship, over 40 lectures from industry experts and an exclusive demo day, covered by TechCrunch, and attended by more than 300 of Web3’s best investors.
Alliance DAO. Following demo day, accelerator graduates can join Alliance DAO — an alumni community of over 300 founders. Here they’ll find continued support from one another, from Alliance mentors, as well as access to exclusive tools including our community web app, where they can take advantage of service provider discounts, rewatch lectures, or ask questions to receive support from fellow founders.
What We Offer
🤩 Work with world-class Web3 founders, investors, and other industry leaders and be exposed to the most exciting projects working at the cutting edge of Web3
🤝 Join a growing team with a strong reputation, investment portfolio, and Accelerator business led by experienced entrepreneurs who have founded some of the leading companies in the crypto space
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive equity/token compensation
🏝 Unlimited vacation policy
🦷 Medical, dental, and vision
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
Head of Portfolio
Compensation: Competitive salary plus equity, carry, and token grants
Start Date: Immediate
Experience: Mid to Senior
Alliance is seeking a Head of Portfolio (HP) to oversee asset custody, portfolio valuation, and portfolio intelligence activities for its accelerator-focused funds. The HP will also assist in other back office fund operations (e.g., fund transactions, financial reporting, and audits).
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in portfolio management, fund and digital asset operations, digital asset custody, investment analysis and/or financial operations. This is a heavily operational role. The ideal candidate should thrive on organization, task execution/completion, security and other best practices, and have a desire to scale and streamline processes.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight and management of the claiming, tracking, and custodying of investment assets (equity and digital assets)
- Oversight and execution of quarterly fund valuations including maintenance of valuation processes, working with third-party valuation agents, and related reporting
- Oversight and management of portfolio outreach and review processes and portfolio intelligence including visualizations, decision-making criteria, or other approaches to inform portfolio decisions
- Assist in annual audits and other fund operations (fund transactions, trade execution, financial reporting, audits and more)
- Contribute to success of accelerated founders through mentorship, writing, or other activities
- Minimum of 4 years of portfolio management, fund operations, investment asset custody, investment analysis and/or financial operations
- Minimum of 2 years experience with custody, valuation, and portfolio management of digital assets
- Direct experience with the valuation of digital assets and with GAAP and other accounting practices
- Familiarity with U.S. venture fund compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of micro and macro market factors in crypto
- Expert abilities in data and database management (Excel/Google Sheets, AirTable, Python, SQL or other relevant languages)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high agency (self-driven with keen ability to identify areas of improvement and bring ideas/projects through to completion)
Highly Desired Attributes
- Startup experience or experience being part of an early fund
Alliance At A Glance
Alliance focuses on venture capital, incubators, accelerators, bitcoin, ethereum, cryptocurrency, and blockchains. We are a remote team of 15+.